• Teams or individuals
• Boat or shore
• Scuba/ snorkel/ free dive
• Any location in Antigua (but weigh in 4pm in English Harbour) - you can drive with catch if you wish!
KEEP YOUR CATCH!
Weigh-in on the Lawn in front of the Antigua Yacht Club, English Harbour
Saturday 11 December 2021
1. Team greatest total weight - Voucher for "sushi boat" (value EC 450) at Club House AYC + 3 AML T-shirts
2. Individual greatest total weight - Voucher for dinner for 2 including house drinks at Club House AYC + AML T-shirt
3. Largest Fish (by weight) - Mounted 14"X11"Lionfish art print, (image above) + AML T-Shirt
4. Smallest Fish (by weight) - Cans of 2SIX8 Brewery local Craft Pilsner + AML T-Shirt
5. Greatest Distance from English Harbour - 5Lb marine Dry Powder extinguisher and heavy duty boat mount (retail @ approx EC 300) + AML T-Shirt
6. Bonus Prize: 1.5 Litre bottle Cavalier rum...for "spirit" decided by AML
Subject to amendment, check this page for updates (Some may need to refresh cached site!)
1. Start at any time on the day and hunt for as long as you wish
2 Any legal method is permitted
3. Weigh-in will be at 4pm prompt in English Harbour, on the Yacht Club lawn
4. Team size has a maximum of 6
5. Please do not pool catches from others for "gamesmanship"..it's just a bit of fun!
6. All fish for weigh-in must be fresh and whole from the day (cheating will be judged !!)
The purpose of this event is to continue reduce numbers of the invasive Lionfish (Pterois spp) and encourage their future hunting to help protect our fisheries and native fauna. It further seeks to promote their enhanced use as a sustainable food source and promote their use by local restaurants. A serious aim, but with some fun/ prizes attached within the limits of current restrictions!
Club House AYC
THIS PAGE WILL BE FREQUENTLY UPDATED AS MORE DETAILS ARE CONFIRMED
Antigua Marine Life
CLICK IMAGE FOR LINK
CLICK IMAGE BELOW FOR FIRST AID GUIDE
CLICK IMAGE FOR LINK
ABOUT THE LIONFISH HERE
CLICK IMAGE FOR LOCAL VIDEO BY AML
6 Dec 21
Some details may be amended as opportunities and restrictions change
One free Carib
per participant!!! *
Cash Bar at CLUB HOUSE
Evening Music at CLUB HOUSE
ABSAR EMER No
with a donation
Robertson & Van Tassell
POLE SPEARS AND/ OR OTHER
ARE AVAILABLE TO BUY FROM:
St Johns - Aquasports - 462-3474
English Harbour - AVA Watersports
* While stocks last (72 planned)
The latest published version of this page supersedes all previously promulgated iterations, as in current climes situations change!
* Genuine participant, fish required,...in the spirit of the event, as determined by the judges
All participants are reminded to adhere to the relevant local regulations, including Fisheries Act 2006 and Fisheries Regulations 2013 where they apply.
This event is formally authorised by Fisheries Dept in all Antigua and Barbuda waters. The only action in English Harbour is the weigh-in.
Cash bar and evening music are "as usual events" on the day in licenced premises.
REMEMBER LIONFISH CAN STING!
COVID regulations extant on the day will be adhered to. Please maintain social distancing.
Click logos for links
Many thanks to AYC for the use of their lawn for the weigh-in